Legalization/Authentication/Attestation at Consular Department – Vietnam Ministry of Foreign Affairs
I) Form to use: here.
+ They don’t have print out form for filling by hand, you must fill on computer then print.
If you didn’t fill up at home, you can fill up by a computer there, then take photo of the Application number, then bring it to the photocopy shop opposite of Consular Department to print, they will collect you 10,000 VND/print. It’s a bit hard to understand what to fill up on your own, so ask a Vietnamese person to help you out.
+ Unfortunately, currently at the information of applicant, you only can fill up with 9 or 12 numeric characters for ID number, since it’s only currently set up to fill up with Vietnamese National ID. Thus, if your passport number has letters, you need to ask a Vietnamese person to apply legalization for you.
Then you bring the printed form back, put it into the barcode reader, and your Application number will appear on the screen at the end of the room for your queue. The time of waiting depend on the queue and amount of documents submitted. I usually have waited for around an hour.
After your documents and application are accepted, they would give you a blue receipt for the time and date you can come and pick up your documents.
To legalize non-governmental documents, such as medical certificate, certificate of employment, you need to understand that the stamp on signature on that document need to be registered with Ministry of Foreign Affairs to be legalize.
So if you want to legalize a medical certificate, you need to acquire the medical certificate from a hospital which registered their stamp, and the doctor’s signature with Consular Department.
If you want to legalize a certificate of employment, most of your time your employer hadn’t registered their stamp and signature with Consular Department, thus you only can legalize a certified true copy of it from a notary office.
If you need a service to help you with legalization of your documents? => Please contact us via email firstname.lastname@example.org
- Consular Department – Vietnam Ministry of Foreign Affairs.
Address: 40 Tran Phu, Ba Dinh, Hanoi, Vietnam
Open around: 8.30 – 11am, and 2-5pm Mon-Fri
2. After fill up and print out your application form, put it into the barcode reader machine which is just right after you enter the door.
3. Go to the end of the room and wait there
4. Pay attention to the screen, your application number would appear there. Since there are only 9 lines on the screen, so your application number wouldn’t appear right away.
They will read the number once it’s your turn, however, if you don’t understand Vietnam, just observe be screen and go to the empty counter.
5. After your turn is done, you will be given a ‘pick up form’ in blue color and around A5 size, which you usually can come in the next 2 business days. (for example, if you come to apply on Tuesday, then you can come back on Thursday to pick up)
The legalization sticker on your document when you receive would be like this:
Check here for our post about legalization at Chinese embassy